Monday, November 2, 2009

Insignia

As if I didn’t have enough reasons to want to move downtown.
Jason Dady just added one more: Insignia in the Fairmont Hotel. We were fortunate enough to attend the soft opening thanks to a friend’s close eye on Dady’s Twitter feed, but I’ll keep it short and sweet since it isn’t fair to review the soft opening for two reasons:
  1. It was free (except for the booze), and I turn into a sycophantic schoolgirl when there’s free food involved. I’ve even feigned interest in Air Conditioning Engineering for a full 45 minutes just for mediocre free pizza. Never again.
  2. The soft opening was intended as a rehearsal for everyone involved. I played my part as the well-fed patron.
I felt especially legit because there was an actual, honest-to-god food critic sitting at the bar doing her thing. Check out her review here, and notice the handsome devil slouched over the table in the far right of the picture.

Anyway, I’ll certainly be going back to try it again and let you know, but since we’re on the subject I figure I’d drop this picture from a recent trip to one of Dady's other restaurants (Bin 555).
It was a very tasty foie gras (aka a force-fed duck’s liver) with a blueberry gastrique over a deconstructed blueberry muffin (aka muffin crumbs).

3 comments:

Mey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mey said...

Our biggest thanks go to our dearest Mr. and Mrs foodie and twitter enthusiasts.
The soft-opening was a wonderful experience!
Insignia looked very promising. We must try it again :)

Mary Tyler Moreno said...

This one looks promising! Yet another reason for us locals to venture to downtown SA.